Welcome to the Applied Ecopsychology Program
Professional Diploma in Applied Ecopsychology
Master of Science in Applied Ecopsychology
Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Ecopsychology
Research Doctorate in Applied Ecopsychology
Master of Science in Applied Eco-Arts Therapy
Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Eco-Arts Therapy
Research Doctorare in Applied Eco-Arts Therapy
Applied Ecopsychology Publications
Welcome to the Applied Ecopsychology Program!
Applied Ecopsychology participants have successfully applied nature-connected education and healing to a wide array of career fields, entrepreneurial and professional activities. While not an exhaustive list of fields from which our program has prepared successful practitioners, following will provide a perspective for the interested applicant for application of the program.
- Self-help, stress management, personal growth, motivational neuro-linguistic programming, creative writing, home schooling, hypnotherapy, aromatherapy, Reiki. energy medicine, and art therapy.
- Life coaching, personal coaching, success coaching, and relationship coaching, leadership skills, consulting, memory training, nutrition. men's and women's issues, and action assertiveness.
- Teaching, mentoring and facilitating disorder and prevention remedies: eating, sleep, anxiety, post traumatic stress (PTSD), attention deficit, addiction, dependency, burnout, autism, self-confidence, mid-life crisis, and self-worth dysfunctions.
- Counseling: pastoral, therapy, recovery, family, marriage and spiritual counseling, massage therapy and biofeedback.
- Shamanism, spirituality retreat centers, self-esteem, Yoga, civil rights, therapist, retreat center training.
- Course instruction, workshop presentations, social work, conservation strategies, outdoor leadership, sociology, environmental education, and mental health.
- Meditation, complementary and alternative medicine, naturopathic medicine, parenting, relaxation, and intimacy.
- Founding or directing stress and healing programs, or creative writing courses for training or degree programs.
- Increasing training, administration, personal and professional benefits. improved conferences, progressive human services, independent contracting, child care, addressing global warming, retreats.
Michael J. Cohen, Ed.D.
Michael J. Cohen is an ecopsychologist who founded and coordinates Project NatureConnect, a distance learning degree program and extended education workshop and course offerings from The Institute of Global Education, a United Nations Non-Governmental Organization. He chairs the Department of Integrated Ecology on San Juan Island, Washington and networks his Natural Systems Thinking Process. For 36 years, Dr. Cohen has lived outdoors year round while researching, teaching and enjoying multi-sensory nature activities. He established and directed degree granting environmental outdoor education programs for the Trailside Country School, Lesley College, and the National Audubon Society. Dr. Cohen's many books and articles include Reconnecting With Nature: Finding Wellness through Restoring your Bond with the Earth, the 1990 award winning Connecting With Nature: Creating Moments that Let Earth Teach, and the self-guiding applied ecopsychology training manual, Well Mind, Well Earth. His most recent title, Einstein's World is now an integral part of an accredited graduate course.
Applied Ecopsychology Publications
Natural Attraction Ecology
by Dr. Michael J. Cohen
When we respectfully visit a natural area, our 53 natural senses contain attractions to connect us with the self-correcting grace, balance and purifying power of our origins in nature. This nurturance therapeutically helps us restore our subdued natural senses. It energizes their sensibilities into our consciousness so we can think, feel and enjoy more sensibly. A short, renewing walk in a natural area demonstrates the truth of this science.
The Natural Systems Thinking Process
Nature connected education and counseling is a missing link in the way we think. It enables people to peacefully restore 53 natural senses that improve our thinking, wellness and relationship with the environment, other people, and ourselves.
Educating and Counseling with nature: A Greening of Psychotherapy
Project NatureConnect offers nature-centered distant learning that enables you to add the mental health therapy benefits of nature-connecting methods and credentials to your degree program and/or your skills, interests and hobbies.
The Web of Life Imperative
Many people who seek to increase peace, social justice, mental health and environmental sanity don't achieve their goals because they omit the readily available art and science that this book contributes. This omission also prevents people from eliminating many health, relationship and economic disorders.
Return to Top