Our Board of Directors
The Board of Directors at Akamai University represent advance minds from the professional fields which support our mission, and they possess the needed depth of experience and commitment needed to help guide the University toward achievement of its vital mission. Examine the bios of our Board online.
Our Faculty Leadership
Akamai University has drawn together a wide array of faculty members who have committed to serving our students with the highest of quality and integrity. To be admitted to the faculty at Akamai University, faculty members must meet rigorous professional and academic standards. The basic standards for appointment include the earned doctorate or terminal degree at recognized and accredited institutions and quality experience in their areas of the appointment, licensing and certification, as appropriate. One major factor in selection of members of the Akamai faculty is the capability of candidates to mentor adult students in pursuit of professional advancement, through academic and research achievements.
Our Hawaii-Based Administrative Staff
Allow me introduce you to our Hawaii-based administrative staff, who you should find helpful, well-trained, and supportive of your needs and goals as a student.
Tuition and Fees
You will find our tuition and fees to be among the lowest in higher education. Akamai offers an excellent financial plan for working adults, permitting payment of tuition over time via monthly or quarterly installments.
Akamai Admission Process
Our process of admissions is rather straight forward and easy to follow. The necessary steps include:
- Preliminary discussion with University leadership
- Submission of complete admission application
- Formal registration at the University
- Appointment of faculty committee to oversee student progress
- Design of individualized student Program
- Arrangement of student program array and completion timeline
- Arrangement of student tuition installment agreement
- initiation of student programs via enrollment in first classes or doctoral tutorials.
- Maintenance of communications with the University administration.
- Submission of periodic progress reports.
- Completion of classes and undertaking of comprehensive final examination.
- Successful achievement of thesis or dissertation manuscript approval
- Successful oral review of thesis or dissertation
- Achievement of final degree approval from faculty committee