Akamai Methods of Instruction
Akamaiís primary educational objective is to provide meaningful educational programs individualized to the academic and professional goals of our students. Under the direction of qualified faculty mentors, our students are freed to think beyond the confines of the classroom, building achievement and new learning fully engaged with their professional lives.
Akamai students are encouraged to create and evaluate, do
independent and original thinking, make judgments, communicate unique ideas, feelings and experiences, and design effective solutions within "real life" situations. The nature of this type of outcome contributes in a powerful manner to the development of effectiveness for innovative career-minded individuals.
We encourage our students to individualize their studies to address the important needs of their home communities and the changing demands of their professions. We deliver our programs in a manner that is meaningful and relevant to the professional responsibilities and life-style of working adults, freeing our students from traditional residency requirements, allowing them to pursue advanced study in a self-paced manner, while maintaining full time employment and family commitments.
Akamai University uses a blended model of education program
delivery, utilizing tested models of individualized mentored distance education, and cross-border residential models of delivery in cooperation with international affiliates.
Mentored Distance Education
Akamai University is the leader in providing the highest quality of one-on-one mentored virtual learning, conducted via an advanced method of delivery including:
One-on-one tutorial through electronic communication and correspondence between students and world class faculty mentors
- Mentored independent study with support from world class online library resources
- Project-based learning, permitting students to explore first-hand the principles and practices of the field integrated with practitioners and other learners
- Instructional support using computer-centered technology over the Internet
Akamai University collaborates with affiliated (licensed and recognized) education providers for cross-border delivery of superior quality education programs:
- Residential seminar support instruction delivered in cross-border venues by Akamai faculty in collaboration with educational affiliates that provide the administrative coordination.
- Participation in collaborative education programs via distance mentorship, campus-based residential classes, and residential seminars where the degree is awarded by an accredited college or University other than Akamai University.